Estuary Habitat Restoration Council
- Charles Smith, Assistant for Environment, Tribal and Regulatory Affairs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works)
- Samuel D. Rauch III, Deputy Assistant Administrator for Regulatory Programs, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Paul Cough, Director Oceans and Coastal Protection Division, Environmental Protection Administration
- Jeff Rupert, Division Chief of Natural Resources and Conservation Planning, National Wildlife Refuge System, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Ann Mills - Deputy Under Secretary, Natural Resources and Environment, U.S. Department of Agriculture
The Estuary Habitat Restoration Council (Council) consists of a senior representative from each of the agencies/departments represented on the Council. The Council members select the chair whose term is three years. The Council is responsible for soliciting, reviewing and evaluating project proposals; submitting to the Secretary of the Army a prioritized list of recommended projects, including a recommendation as to which agency or department should implement the project; developing, periodically reviewing; updating and cooperating in the implementation of an estuary habitat restoration strategy; providing advice on the development of and contribution of data to a restoration project information database; and development of monitoring standards and a biennial report to Congress.
Council Meetings: Meetings of the Estuary Habitat Restoration Council are open to the public and announced in the Federal Register. The frequency varies but has been about once a year.