US Army Corps of Engineers, Special Missions Office
Power Reliability Enhancement Program
10115 Gridley Rd. Bldg. 316
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
The Power Reliability Enhancement Program ensures the reliability of utility systems for critical facilities under the National Command Capability (NLCC) Program, DOD and our mission partners. PREP establishes design criteria and standards, evaluates mission critical facilities and systems performance, and serves as a focal point to resolve reliability issues and mitigate risks.
- Execute an Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) proponent program to improve and assure mission reliability of electric power and mechanical utilities and infrastructure that supports the National Military Command System (NMCS) and C4ISR sites.
- Provide expert consultation for site analyses of reliability and maintainability configuration surveys and recommendations for problems.
- Sponsor C4ISR site power utility system Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation (RDTE) efforts on behalf of the OSD.
- Develop and provide design criteria, reference materials, and performance specifications for C4ISR site design and development by A&E firms.
- Provide specialized electrical engineering support to US Army Corps of Engineers’ Divisions and Districts, DOD Agencies, Department of State and other Federal agencies upon request on a reimbursable basis.
- Develop and maintain electrical and mechanical reliability databases that are part of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) 493-2007 - IEEE Recommended Practice for the Design of Reliable Industrial and Commercial Power Systems (Gold Book).
- Reliability/Availability Analysis (Electrical and Mechanical)
- One-Line Diagram Development (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Short Circuit/Protection Coordination/Arc Flash Analysis
- Condition Assessment
- Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE)
- Power Quality Analysis
- Design Criteria
- Consultation at the pre-1391, 35% and 65% design stages
Chief of PREP, 703-704-2764
Senior Mechanical Engineer, 703-704-2760
Senior Electrical Engineer, 703-704-2776
Administrative Officer, 703-704-2760
Alternate Contracting Officer Representative (ACOR), 703-704-3655