WHO: Representatives for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) will be at the 2023 Black Engineer of the Year Award (BEYA) STEM Conference.
WHAT: 2023 BEYA Career Fair
WHERE: Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, National Harbor, MD
WHEN: 10-11 February 2023 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EST)
WHY: We will be recruiting post-secondary students, recent graduates and journey level positions using direct hire authority for multiple disciplines and grade levels, from GS-03 to GS-14. Depending on position/location selected, promotion potential will be the GS-05, 07, 09, 11,12, and/or 13 levels. We encourage students, graduates, and practicing professionals to stop by the virtual or in-person USACE booth (#101) at the Career Fair.
PAY RANGE: $25,764 to $129,878. Pay will be based on such factors as your qualifications, education, experience, training, duty location, and availability of funds.
VACANCIES: We are looking for individuals interested in the following positions:
||Electrical Engineer (Intern)
||Engineering Tech (Civil)
|Construction Control Representative
|Civil Engineer (Cost)
||Engineering Technician (CADD)
|Civil Engineer (Dam/Levee Safety)
|Civil Engineer (Geotech)
||First Assistant Engineer, Towboat
|Civil Engineer (Hydraulics)
|Civil Engineer (Intern)
|Civil Engineer (Project Engineer)
|Civil Engineer (Structural)
|Civil Engineering Technician
||Student Trainee (Multiple)
DUTY LOCATIONS: Positions to be filled in various location across the continental United States and overseas.
EVALUATIONS: Candidates will be evaluated in accordance with the qualification and eligibility requirements set forth by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) located at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards.
• All positions require the applicant to be a citizen of the United States.
• Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, are required to register for Selective Service prior to appointment.
• A trial or probationary period may be required.
• Some positions may require a valid driver's license.
• Some positions may require a security clearance to include fingerprinting.
• Some position may require temporary duty travel.
• Some position may require a Defense Acquisition Certification within 2 years of appointment.
• The following MAY be paid or offered: travel and relocation expenses, recruitment bonus, and/or student loan repayment.
• Promotion progression to the target position is contingent upon satisfactory completion of training requirements and continuous satisfactory performance.
• Post-secondary student appointments are term in nature and have the potential to convert into a permanent appointment in the competitive service.
• Selectee must obtain a passing score on the appropriate Administrative Careers with America (ACWA) assessment prior to appointment or conversion, if applicable.
• Some positions may require random drug testing.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: In order to be considered, please submit your resume and most recent transcript(s) to the career fair. You can submit inquiries, resumes and/or transcripts in-person at the USACE booth or through the following link: https://usace.yellogov.com/app/collect/event/h1RajOTyWDxIbJbd9dcA1w/form/GyAu92HfiM-H8_QXHRvYcw.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application process, hiring process, or while on the job. Requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.