The proposal period for the 2024 Report to Congress opened on May 5, 2023, for 120 days. Proposals submitted by August 28, 2023, will be considered for inclusion in the 2024 Report to Congress on Future Water Resources Development.
All non-federal interests are invited to submit proposals for new Corps water resources development project study authority; modifications to an existing Corps water resources development project study authority; modifications to an existing Corps water resources development project authority; and modifications to an existing Corps environmental infrastructure program authority. Please submit one form for each study or modification to a study, project, or environmental infrastructure program authority being proposed. Do not include Confidential Business Information, information whose disclosure is restricted by statute, or any other information that you would not want to appear in the Annual Report to Congress.
The proposal form (fillable PDF) will request the following information:
- Contact information for the individual/agency submitting the proposal.
- Study project / location; you’ll have the option to upload a map of the study / project area (8.5”x11” PDF).
- The name of the non-Federal interest planning to act as the sponsor, or all non-Federal interests in the case of a modification to an environmental infrastructure program authority, including any non-Federal interest that has contributed to or is expected to contribute toward the non-Federal share of the proposed feasibility study or modification.
- A letter or statement of support from each associated non-Federal interest. Letters may be addressed generically to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the local Corps District office, or the Assistant Secretary of the Army of Civil Works office. Please limit your files to a maximum of 30MB (30,000 KB) in size. Files larger than 30 MB will not be considered.
- State if this proposal is for a feasibility study, a modification to a USACE water resources development feasibility study authority, a modification to a USACE water resources project authority, or a modification to a USACE environmental infrastructure program authority.
- If the proposal is for a modification, the name of the authorized study, project, or environmental infrastructure program must be specified.
- If the proposal is for a modification to an environmental infrastructure program authority, a brief description of the assistance provided to date and total Federal cost of assistance provided to date must be provided.
- State the specific project purpose(s) of the proposed study or modification and demonstrate the proposal is related to USACE missions and authorities and why additional or new authorization is needed.
- Provide an estimate, to the extent practicable, of the total cost, and the Federal and non-Federal share of those costs, of the proposed study and, separately, an estimate of the cost of construction or modification.
- Describe, to the extent applicable and practicable, an estimate of the anticipated monetary and non-monetary benefits of the proposal with regard to benefits to the protection of human life and property and improvement to transportation, the national, regional, or local economy, the environment, or the national security interests of the United States.
- State whether the proposal is expected to benefit disadvantaged communities, including a description of the disadvantaged community(ies) and the potential benefits which may accrue as a result of the proposal. Army is working to modernize the USACE Civil Works program to incorporate environmental justice considerations into every aspect of the program in an effort to maximize benefits to disadvantaged communities to the furthest extent practicable within agency authorities. The Council for Environmental Quality has developed an economic justice screening tool to help identify disadvantaged communities; it can be found at the following location https://screeningtool.geoplatform.gov.
- State if the non-Federal interest has the financial ability to provide for the required cost share, reference the Planning Guidance Notebook (ER 1105-2-100).
Although additional proposal documentation may be included with your proposal (up to 20MB total for all email attachments), please be sure to answer each question in the field provided. Responses should not state “refer to uploaded documents” with no other response.