Benefits to borrowers through the Corps Water Infrastructure Financing Program (CWIFP) include:
- Low interest rates: Rates are near U.S. Treasury rates and will not be impacted by borrower credit or loan structure.
- No interest rate risk: Rates are locked at the time of loan closing and fixed for the life of the loan.
- No negative arbitrage: Interest accrues only once funds have been disbursed.
- Customized repayment schedules: Repayment schedules can be structured to match anticipated cash flows over the life of the loan.
- Long repayment periods: Repayment periods of up to 35 years after completion of construction.
- Deferred payments: Payments can be deferred through the construction period up to five years after completion of the project.
- No prepayment penalty: Loans can be prepaid at any time without penalty.