The President of the United States recently issued guidance through a March 20, 2009, White House memorandum that dictates specific actions to help achieve the goals and objectives of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. In order to capture the President’s intent on transparency, USACE will document communication with registered lobbyists on Recovery Act policy and particular projects and allow the public to review these communications. A registered lobbyist is one registered under the Lobbyist Disclosure Act of 1995 (2 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.).
In general, USACE officials will not discuss any specific projects or funding levels with lobbyists over the phone or in any oral communication; communication with lobbyists regarding projects and funding will only be through written correspondence. Any oral communication or meetings during which conversations cover general program or policy level type of issues, USACE officials will document these conversations. USACE officials will also make available to the public all written requests for communications from lobbyists, responses from USACE back to lobbyists and documentation of meetings within three business days from the date of transaction.
This page contains all USACE interactions with registered lobbyists regarding the Recovery Act as of March 2009. They are arranged by USACE division and are entitled by the division/district, date, and client information.
- June 11, 2009, Discussion with Shane Ostrom, Military’s Officer’s Association
- May 13, 2009, Discussion with Ethan Saxon
- April 28, 2009, Discussion with James Weakley, Lake Carriers Association
- April 28, 2009, Discussion with John Doyle, Waterways Council
- April 28, 2009, Discussion with Fowler West, Clark & Weinstock
- April 15, 2009, Discussion with Mia O'Connell, Carmen Group
- April 13, 2009, Discussion with Howard Marlowe, Marlowe and Company
- April 13, 2009, Discussion with Susan Gilson, National Assoc. of Flood and Stormwater Management Agencies
- April 9, 2009, Discussion with Howard Marlowe, Marlowe and Company
- April 9, 2009, Discussion with David Sanford, American Association of Port Authorities
- April 1, 2009, Discussion with Fred Caver, Caver and Associates
- April 1, 2009, Meeting with Great Lakes Navigation Association
- March 31, 2009, Discussion with Martin Cancienne, Registered Lobbyist
- March 31, 2009, Discussion with Howard Marlowe, Marlowe and Company
- March 27, 2009, Discussion with Howard Marlowe, Marlowe and Company
- March 26, 2009, Meeting with SAME Federal Programs
- March 26, 2009, Presentation for Interstate Committee on Water Policy
- March 25, 2009, Meeting with Members of the American Association of Port Authorities
- March 24, 2009, Discussion with David B. Sanford
- March 24, 2009, Discussion with RJ Lyerly of Carpi, Clay and Smith