The 533rd Engineer Detachment, Forward Engineer Support Team – Main provides technical engineer planning and design, contract construction, environmental and geospatial engineering support and real estate acquisition and disposal. The 533rd FEST-M also provides command and control of U.S. Army Corps of Engineer operations and sub-field elements in theater in support of full-spectrum operations.
FEST-Ms are the largest of the six teams in the USACE Field Force Engineering (FFE) program. The team of 36 or more military and Corps personnel has design capabilities from various disciplines to include electrical, mechanical, civil, and environmental engineers, logistical and contracting and resource management. In short, it can be described as a mini-district that can be augmented with structural, environmental and other engineering skills depending on the mission.
Equipped with reachback communication capabilities, known as TeleEngineering, FEST-M teams are able to bring specialized data, research, and expertise from USACE research centers, engineers, and laboratories to the front where it is needed.
This team is assigned to an engineer command or senior military command in the area of operation (AO). The FEST-M provides command and control of all USACE teams assigned to the AO.
FEST-Ms are flexible teams capable of rapidly deploying into military contingencies and disaster relief operations. Support to these missions includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide infrastructure engineering planning and design utilizing the Theatre Construction Management System to design four 500-person base-camps or equivalent facilities per day
• Coordinate all USACE technical engineering reachback through TeleEngineering, secure and nonsecure internet protocol router networks
• Manage USACE elements and TeleEngineering communications equipments deployed within the AO
• Managing all contract construction for American military forces
• Coordinate all requests for environmental baseline surveys
• Geospatial engineering support Contracting services and support