Washington (March 8, 2021) - The Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) will conduct a series of listening sessions to collect input and recommendations on development of implementation guidance for any provision contained in the Water Resources Development of Act of 2020 (WRDA 2020).
The Stakeholder Sessions were announced today in the Federal Register at https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/03/08/2021-04659/water-resources-development-act-of-2020-comment-period-and-stakeholder-sessions.
The purpose of the listening sessions is to enable stakeholders and other interested parties to provide input on provisions that may require implementation guidance. Stakeholders with interests in a specific USACE mission area are encouraged to participate in the session aligned with that mission area; however, comments on any provision will be heard at every session. USACE encourages participants to share their thoughts and comments on any problems, challenges, impacts or other factors they see as being critical for consideration during the development of implementation guidance.
The Stakeholder Sessions will take place virtually from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on the following dates:
- March 16 - Navigation (Inland and Coastal) provisions.
- March 23 - Flood and Coastal Storm Risk Damage provisions.
- March 30 - Ecosystem Restoration and Nuisance Species provisions.
- April 6 – Water Supply and Hydropower provisions.
- April 13 – Open comments for any provision.
Pursuant to protocols related to combatting the spread of COVID-19, the stakeholder sessions will be conducted by electronic means. All stakeholders are welcome to provide oral or written comments during the sessions and will be selected to speak on a first-come, first-served basis. The sessions will be recorded to capture the public’s comments.
The webex/teleconferences may be joined five minutes prior to the scheduled 1 p.m. EDT start time using the web link https://usace1.webex.com/meet/WRDA2020. Attendees may also call in at 844-800-2712 and use Access Code 199 937 4287 when prompted.
USACE is also accepting stakeholder comments on WRDA 2020 implementation guidance during the ongoing 60-day comment period that ends May 7, 2021, via the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http:// www.regulations.gov/ (our preferred method). Follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
- Email: WRDA2020@usace.army.mil. Include ID No. COE-2021-0002 in the subject line of the message.
- Mail: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, ATTN: CECW-P 3F91, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 441 G St NW, Washington, DC 20314.
- Hand Delivery/Courier: Due to security requirements, we cannot receive comments by hand delivery or courier.
Information about how to submit comments can be found at https://www.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Project-Planning/Legislative-Links/wrda_2020/.
The list of WRDA 2020 provisions can be found at
For questions related to the stakeholder sessions, please contact Mr. Gib Owen at 571-274-1929 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ms. Amy Frantz at 202-761-0106 or WRDA2020@usace.army.mil.
Media inquiries should be directed to Ms. Robyn Colosimo of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works at (703) 209-6354 or Robyn.S.Colosimo.email@example.com.