CINCINNATI, Ohio --
Staff Spotlight: 23 Questions in 60 Seconds with Kylie Strunk
LRD September Employee of the Month
1. What is your name?
2. What is your official job title?
3. What section/department do you work in?
Civil Works Integration Division
4. How does your job fit into the USACE mission?
Support the execution of projects to restore and protect the Great Lakes!
5. How long have you work for USACE?.
Almost 10 years!
6. What has been your favorite part of working here?
Each day, month, year is different – work keeps changing.
7. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
Right now, a Stay at Home Mom to my 3 kids
8. Before working here, what was an interesting job you had?
I worked for Defense Finance and Accounting Service and helped close the DFAS-Denver site during the Base Realignment and Closure.
9. What are your hobbies or interests outside of work?
Currently it’s been going to CycleBar and Barre classes. We will see how long that lasts!
10.What is the last movie you watched?
Pretty much any princess movie is on constant rotation in my house!
11. Explain how COVID-19 has changed your working environment?
I’m enjoying working from home. Not only has it allowed me to be more efficient in my work, but I’m also able to spend more time with my family.
12. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I’m interested to find out!
13. Do you have pets? If so, what kind(s)/name(s)?
2 cats – Sophie and Sammy
14. What's your favorite food or meal?
15. If you were stuck on a desert island but your food and water were already taken care of, what two things would you bring?
Can I take four? My 3 kids and my husband!
16. What's your favorite sports team?
Purdue Boilermakers, Denver Broncos, Cincinnati Red, Colorado Rockies
17. If you could meet anyone, living or deceased, who would you meet and why?
Billy Graham – His ministry has had an extreme impact on my faith and my life.
18. What was the best concert you ever attended?
My first one of course – N’Sync as a teenager.
19. What was the last book you read?
20. If you could visit anywhere in the world you've never been, where would you go?
21. If you could be an animal, which would you be?
Cat. What an easy life they have.
22. Would you say you are an introvert or extrovert?
Definitely an Introvert
23. What is your favorite way to spend the weekend?
Going someplace new with the family.