The February 2023 edition of The Corps Environment is now available!
Read the latest issue: https://www.dvidshub.net/publication/issues/66332
This edition highlights proactively considering the environment and acting accordingly, in support of Environmental Operating Principle #2. Content includes commentary from Mr. Edward Belk, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Director of Civil Works, sharing how the Civil Works mission is being advanced through environmental considerations and partnerships. This issue also features initiatives from across the Army environmental community that proactively consider the environment to shape a sustainable future for current and future generations.
- USACE Louisville District highlights how they helped the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) complete an urgent cleanup of residential properties under EPA’s Superfund Program.
- USACE Europe District discusses how the Field Force Engineering team is training Ghanaian military partners on base camp designs.
- U.S. Army Environmental Command shares their new official LinkedIn page.
- U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center highlights how the Engineering With Nature initiative is contributing to the White House’s roadmap for accelerating nature-based solutions.
- USACE Headquarters shares how USACE’s Interim Environmental Justice Plan supports underserved communities.
Read these articles and more in the February 2023 edition of The Corps Environment.
Learn more about USACE's Environmental Operating Principles here.
Previous editions of The Corps Environment are available here.