The August 2022 edition of The Corps Environment is now available!
Read the latest issue: https://www.dvidshub.net/publication/issues/64976.
This edition highlights employing an open and transparent process, in support of Environmental Operating Principle #7. Content includes commentary from Ms. Lara Beasley, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Environmental Division chief, recognizing USACE's environmental and sustainability champions. This issue also features initiatives from across the Army environmental community that are providing environmental benefits across the globe.
- USACE Alaska District highlights how their project team removed World War II-era explosives from a national historic landmark on a remote Alaskan island.
- USACE Far East District discusses how their Natural Resources Management team protects species in South Korea.
- U.S. Army Environmental Command shares how the Cornhusker Army Ammunition Plant project team saved years and millions of dollars through remediation optimization.
- USACE Buffalo District highlights how the beryllium safety team protects workers at USACE construction sites.
- U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center shares how a collaborative effort on Honolulu Harbor delivered results to stakeholders.
Read these articles and more in the August 2022 edition of The Corps Environment.
Learn more about USACE's Environmental Operating Principles here.
Previous editions of The Corps Environment are available here.