USACE Memphis District
We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 10/05 - 10/09
Position Title: Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic
Full Performance Level: WG-12
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is the Ensley Engineer Yard
Hourly Salary Range: $28.76- $33.57
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Travel Requirement: Approximately 30%
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: MAJOR DUTIES
Is a nonsupervisory employee assigned to the Shops Unit at a marine and earth moving equipment repair and maintenance facility responsible for testing, troubleshooting, and repairing various electronic systems.
1. Tests, troubleshoots, disassembles/ assembles, inspects, modifies and repairs multiple integrated, computerized systems, programmable logic control (PLC) systems, microprocessor based digital equipment and associated analog systems.
2. Maintains and repairs communication devices including telephone systems, FM radio transceivers and antenna systems (VHF and UHF), GPS positioning systems, and data communication systems.
3. Checks modulation, sensitivity, current consumption, frequency measurement, deviation and power output of various systems including UHF and VHF transmitters and receivers, shipboard digital radar, fathometers, intercommunication systems, and public address systems.
4. Installs, maintains and repairs LAN cabling and connectors, and performs repair and maintenance of wireless data communication devices throughout the District.
Schedule: During Daylight Savings Months, typically March through October, this position works four 10-hour days each week beginning on Mondays. During the rest of the year, the work week consists of five 8-hour days beginning on Mondays.
Conditions of Employment & Notes:
- This position is covered by the civilian drug abuse testing program. Incumbent is required to sign a da form 5019-R, "Condition of Employment for certain civilian positions identified as critical under the drug abuse testing program," or a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Prefers incumbent to have Diploma / certificate / degree from a trade / tech school in Electronics or Industrial Controls Technology, OR Certification / License of Master or Journeyman Electrician.
- Position will require some travel at approximately 30%.
- This position requires an initial and annual physical examination.
- Must wear proper safety equipment when working in potentially hazardous situations; i.e., gloves, safety boots, goggles, hearing protection, life jackets, etc.
- Must pass physical examination and drug screening test.
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume, must be readable [preferably .pdf]
- Via Email: to: Kevin.J.Woods@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic, Plant Section, WG-2610
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 10/9/2020
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain a resume will not be considered.
Disclaimer: You are about to provide personal data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Engineer Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process