The August 2021 edition of The Corps Environment is now available!
Read the latest issue: https://media-cdn.dvidshub.net/pubs/pdf_58742.pdf
This edition highlights considering the environment when employing a risk management and systems approach, in support of Environmental Operating Principle #5. Content includes commentary from Mr. Richard Kidd, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (Environment and Energy Resilience), and highlights initiatives across the Army environmental community.
- U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) discusses their formation of a tiger team to tackle climate change.
- U.S. Army Environmental Command highlights how the Army’s commitment to endangered species is enhancing training lands.
- USACE Far East District shares how they are leading biodiversity efforts for American forces in Korea.
- USACE Omaha District discusses how they are leveraging an innovative approach to clean up and restore a formerly used defense site.
- ERDC highlights how USACE and its partners received an international award for the Tyndall Coastal Resilience Study.
Read these articles and more in the August 2021 edition of The Corps Environment.
Learn more about USACE's Environmental Operating Principles here.