Responsibilities/Duties: Operates truck tractor with tandem drive and fifth wheel attached to low-boy trailer, or other type trailers, on mat casting fields and adjacent areas and on public highways, levees, unimproved roads and woods trails. Insures the proper positioning and securing of loads; checking and servicing of equipment; observation of all safety rules and regulations, and the preparation of trip tickets, when required. Performs the following typical assignments: Hauls 30 ton stacks of concrete mattress from loading to unloading site. Positions trailer for loading by crane, transports mat over muddy and boggy roads, in musty and foggy atmospheres, and in areas congested with equipment, objects and workmen. Positions unit for easy unloading by crane. Hauls heavy equipment and supplies such as bulldozers, cranes, tractors, hauling rigs, materials, supplies, and concrete mat.
Schedule: During the Revetment season, typically June through December, all Revetment employees, including this position, travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. The employees work 12 work days on & have 2 days off. Employees will be on TDY & will lodge in hotels within the vicinity of the work area. During the work season this position works typically a 10 hour shift. During the non-Revetment season, the crew works at Ensley Engineer Yard, Memphis, TN, on either a 5-day/8-hour or 4-day/10-hr. Can be assigned to work on Hired Labor projects.
Must possess and maintain a Class A CDL license with a hazardous materials (HAZMAT Endorsement).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Personnel security investigation required
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- Drug Test and Physical Required
- Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume & CDL, must be readable [preferably .pdf]
- Via Email: to: Kevin.W.Williams@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Motor Vehicle Operator, Revetment Branch, XF-5703-08
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 2/28/2020
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain resume & license will not be considered.
Disclaimer: You are about to provide person data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Engineer Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process