Incentive: Recruitment incentive may be given to the top two candidates for up to $15K spread over 3 years for new recruits only
Responsibilities/Duties: Incumbent serves as Crane Operator & may be the shift operator of a floating mechanical bank grader (186 ft. boom, 15-yard bucket) which is the primary piece of operating equipment of a field party engaged in grading of river bank (above and below water) preparatory to laying concrete mattress. Also may be the shift operator of the Whirley mat loading crane which is the primary piece of operating equipment of the Mat Loading unit. May also be asked to run any other cranes associated with the Revetment units. May be subject to working day or night shifts.
Schedule: During the Revetment season, typically June through December, all Revetment employees, including this position, travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. The employees work 12 work days on & have 2 days off. Employees will be on TDY & will lodge in hotels within the vicinity of the work area. During the work season this position works typically a 10 hour shift. During the non-Revetment season, the crew works at Ensley Engineer Yard, Memphis, TN, on either a 5-day/8-hour or 4-day/10-hr. Can be assigned to work on Hired Labor projects.
Qualifications Requirements: Qualified by a USACE qualifying official on Link Belt Crawler type crane with 100 ton rating capacity OR Possess a crane certification from an accredited crane certification agency with Large designation in the practical exam and Lattice Boom Crawler designation for the written exam.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Personnel security investigation required
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- Drug Test and Physical Required
- Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume & crane license/certification, must be readable [preferably .pdf]
- Via Email: to: Kevin.W.Williams@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Crane Operator, Revetment Branch, XF-5725-12
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 2/28/2020
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not
contain resume & license will not be considered.
Disclaimer: You are about to provide personal data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Corps of Engineers Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process.