USACE FUSRAP objectives are to safely, effectively and efficiently:
- Identify and evaluate sites where authority and the need for a response action exist.
- Clean up or control FUSRAP sites to ensure protection of human health and the environment.
- Dispose of or stabilize radioactive material in a way that is safe for the public and the environment.
- Perform work in compliance with applicable federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Return sites for appropriate future use.