Provide technical assistance to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), State and local governments, and/or manage and contract for the installation of blue plastic sheeting onto roofs of damaged homes.
USACE Mission Capabilities
- Technical Expertise and Assistance through complete management of a Temporary Roofing mission including the scoping, procurement and installation of temporary roofing repairs.
- Assess conditions & capabilities of local governments to perform the installation of temporary roofing in their communities.
- Provide on the job training to the National Guard, volunteer groups and local governments or contractors that may be involved in the execution of a roofing mission.
- Acquire proper Real Estate instruments and Rights of Entry (ROEs), which must be in place prior to entering private property
Advanced Contracting Initiative (ACI) Contract: YES, restricted to geographical locations (CONUS, Puerto Rico, USVI, and Hawaii).
- ROE Collection: Homeowners sign a Right of Entry request allowing USACE access to their property to perform an Assessment and if warranted install a Temporary Roof.
- Assessments: Quality Assurance Inspectors (QAs) conduct an Assessment of the damage and if warranted prepare a contractor Work Order.
- Installations: Contractors are given a Work Order for each individual structure. To allow scheduling flexibility, contractors have up to 10 days to complete the work. Once a Contractor has installed the temporary roof and performed the quality control, the roof is reported as being complete to USACE.
- Final Inspections: Final inspections of the contractors work and quality control program are conducted after the temporary roof is installed, with the minimum being 10% and the max being 20%. Increasing Quality Assurance final inspections above 20% for any single contractor requires FEMA concurrence. State concurrence is also required if cost sharing is in effect. Once a Contractor has installed the temporary roof and performed the quality control, the roof is reported as being complete to USACE.