1. What is your name?
2. What is your official job title?
Chief, Water Management Division
3. What section/department do you work in?
4. How did you first learn about USACE?
I had never heard about USACE until I got a call when I was in college asking if I wanted to interview with the Corps of Engineers. I thought they were some private group of engineering firms!
5. How has LRD helped you in your career development?
I've enjoyed being part of the regional LDP programs. They've always helped me take a step back and rethink the bigger picture of career and personal goals.
6. What are your hobbies or interests outside of work?
I'm a busy body! I make maple syrup, grow hops, enjoy gardening/landscaping, and am an avid Crossfitter.
7. What type of music/artists/bands are on your current playlist?
Heavy metal, and lots of it. It is definitely a running joke with my staff!
8. What's the most adventurous thing you've done?
I ran the Hood to Coast. An overnight 200-mile long-distance relay course consisting of 36 legs; each team member runs three in rotation. I was part of a 10-person team running non-stop from Mt. Hood, Oregon, to the Pacific Ocean in Seaside, Oregon. It was a great experience!
9. Where is your hometown?
10. You're happiest when?
I'm on vacation somewhere warm with my family.